A few things come to mind right away – FUN , Sun, Outdoors, Exercise and yes, RASH GUARDS!
Rash Guards, familiar to water sports enthusiasts, are close-fitting shirts especially made for water sports.
Did you know?
1. A rash guard offers sun protection and can be worn in and out of the water.
2. The name “rash guard” comes from the protection the shirt offers against rashes caused by abrasion and sunburn.
3. Rash guards have excellent wicking ability.
4. Rash guards originated in Australia & were created for surfers to wear to prevent irritation of the torso from sand in the wax on a surfboard.
5. Rash guards are constructed with flatlock stitching – a seam that lies flat to the garment which increases the strength of the shirt and prevents chafing on the skin.
But think beyond water sports – mixed martial arts and fitness athletes have taken to wearing rash guards to protect against cuts, mat burns and the spread of skin diseases. Youth summer camps which provide rash guards to their members can be confident that the kids are protected from the sun throughout the day, especially when visiting pools or the beach. And….a rash guard can be decorated to promote your business or organization.
So now you know!